Sunday, October 18, 2009

I can read

Yesterday my keyboard broke - too many cooties. So I turned off the computer. (This morning I am using the portable 's built in keyboard and have turned off the mouse to avoid the accidental deleting of large portions of text due to my thumb hitting the mouse. I have such warm thumbs they set off the highlight and delete on a whim.)


While the machine was turned off, I decided to begin reading the first few verses of every book of the TNK and writing them beginning at the back of my note book. I started with the other writings first (Daniel, Ezra-Nehemiah, and Chronicles), then began the end of the 12. Thus I discovered that - after three years of daily slogging and still refusing to learn grammar - I can read. I did it out loud - and practiced writing in the big square letters that are so hard to make. The brain still works - if you persist, you will be able to do it too.

אהבתי אתכם אמר יהוה
I have loved you-all says יהוה

Huh?
במה אהבתנו
what's this about your loving us?

No comments: