Saturday, November 3, 2007

My Top Ten from KNT

There is a centre somewhere in the Bible. TNKNT. It is in the K - short for the Hebrew 'ki' - the answer to the question 'why'.

These are my impulsive best hits of the New Testament. Favorite books: Romans, Revelation, John, Mark, Hebrews

  1. If you by the Spirit do put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.
  2. Out of his belly will flow fountains of living water.
  3. And thou child will be called the prophet of the highest. (ht - the Benedictus to Anglican chant).
  4. Simeon ... was looking for the consolation of Israel.
  5. And he will give you another comforter, the Spirit of truth, who will be with you for ever.
  6. Having boldness to enter into the Holy of Holies, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh.
  7. I beseech you therefore, by the mercies of God that you present your bodies, a living sacrifice, wholly acceptable unto him.
  8. Destroy this sanctuary and in three days I will rebuild it.
  9. When the Son of Man I am lifted up from the earth, I will draw all men to myself. (John 12:32 - I had to check my memory on this one - compare 3:13 - memory confuses first and third person.)
  10. It is finished.
The centre between the New and the Old is the crucifixion, the place of truth exposing the place of the lie, the place where God meets us, the mercy seat. See also here for my Top Ten TNK. Update: John has evolved the meme slightly.

No comments: