Thursday, August 28, 2008

Empty headed

I can read Latin but it has been 50 years since I tried translating into Latin - and what would I use - the medieval church Latin I sing or classical stuff. Please please since my marketing staff are presuming that they can have a Latin motto for a campaign - can someone tell me if the following means anything

Laugh if you must

Scientia magna mereuntur quando indicii visi erunt


David Ker said...

That's hilarious. Marketing wants that?!?

Bob MacDonald said...

I think they are having second thoughts. They had some concern when I told them about the vodka and sausages. I am sure you know that one. It's about the Russian translation of 'the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.' When it was translated back into English, it became – the vodka was excellent but the sausages were rotten.