Doug has posted a difficult meme.
Post a collection of 10 things you believe, ethical, philosophical or theological. You choose how much to connect them or make them coherent: do you want people to know where you belong, or do you want to mix and match to keep them guessing?
- When I look at what are supposed to be real things like war, I believe there are alternatives.
- Fear mongering is a large part of the news.
- There is no conflict between religion and science.
- The dominant models of behaviour in most societies are self-serving.
- The patriarchy of most of the ancient texts arose from male self-importance.
- Self-serving behaviour has a costly solution: death.
- Co-operation is suspect.
- There appears to be no escape.
- People like to think they have the right answer.
- Life is lived in the cracks between optimism and external attempts to control risk.
I had typed a bunch of stuff and then after watching a murder mystery and listening to the news, I scrunched it all up in a ball and tossed it on the floor.