Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Online resources

John has highlighted some online resources here that are quite timely for me. I was just beginning to do phrase recognition and morphology with my older student last night. It is very difficult to begin without memorizing paradigms in advance. But I think it is important to have examples that are recognized in context before imposing a pattern - i.e. the pattern should emerge. It is helpful to have the division into word and affixes as is done in the presentation of morphology e.g. for Ruth here. This presentation gives a different context than just 'explaining' the placement of prepositions. Also John points out the online dictionary accessible with a Google search for Kautzsch-Cowley + the verse you are interested in. I tried this and it works sometimes. Eventually I will find my way around better.

No comments: