Sunday, July 12, 2009

A checkpoint

I am quite surprised at how much I have done in 3 short years - working from almost zero knowledge of Hebrew to a point where I have drafted a translation of about 1/7th of the Hebrew Canon.

Links to my translations of the psalms are listed below. I have also done rough translations in jpg image form of Genesis 1 and The Song and a few other bits and pieces. I hope I will continue to read the Hebrew Bible and report my reading.

Those of you who are keen and younger than I have lots of opportunity to learn and read the original tongues. Just do it. And let your fear and prejudices fall away. But always remain open to challenge and correction. "Who is this that darkens counsel in speeches without knowledge?" - Just think - this question could be directed at you!

The Psalter kata Bob

No comments: